Sunday, February 10, 2013

First 10 Strain Done!

Strain Update

So I did a test group of strain, enough for the first scenario. I wanted something relatively quick. I primed them grey and did a white spray over the top for a highlight. In the end I am not sure if it really made a difference. I used a blend of colors for the first coat. I used rotten flesh for the main color, applied wet and painted on some purples, oranges, and greens, and tried some browns to give them some depth. I did a couple layers like this. I than inked some of the exposed muscles with a mix of GW's baal red and scorched brown for darker red. I glazed the models very lightly with medium and scorched brown. I went back with rotten flesh over top to give them a little bit of a highlight.

here are the phase 1 strain.

 Here are some close shots of the phase 2 strain.

And a kinda crappy group shot 10 models in total.

I am not calling these guys done just yet, I am planning to go in with some gloss and maybe do some blood effects on them as well. As to whats next I need to work on some of the Vanguard heroes. Then I might try my hand at some tutorials.

Enjoy, and feel free to ask any questions!